At Rochester Hypnotherapy Clinic your old smoking habits will be broken up and you will be taught how to achieve your new patterns of behaviour. Together we’ll explore how you started smoking and if so, treat any other emotional causes of your smoking. Often people can develop a smoking habit to cope with anxiety and stress.
You will also be encouraged to avoid replacing cigarettes with e-cigarettes. Any underlying emotional or lifestyles causes of your smoking will still be present and untreated. Some “nicotine-free” e-cigarettes have been found to still contain nicotine. Also some of the substances found in e-cigarette vapour have been linked with an increased risk of cancer.
Some facts about smoking that may encourage you to let cigarettes be a thing of the past:
- smoking effects your appearance. The body needs oxygen to keep the skin healthy and replace dead cells with new ones
- smokers also suffer from yellow teeth, bad breath and bleeding gums
- the average smoker dies aged 65
- the average smoker spend £2000 a year on cigarettes
- 114,000 od death each year are related to smoking
- smokers can suffer from amputated limbs and breathing problems
The good news is the body is self-healing. After quitting smoking the body will begin repairing itself so much so that you can achieve the same level of health as a non-smoker.